Review of 2012 AGQC

This forum is dedicated to traditional gospel quartet music. WE INVITE YOU TO ALWAYS CHECK THE FRONT PAGE OF GLORYLAND GOSPEL. THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING INTERESTING ON THE FRONT PAGE.

Moderator: quartetbuff

Review of 2012 AGQC

Postby PatArtison » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:15 am

Well, Hat’s off again to Elder George & Dr. Jacqueline Stewart and the AGQC staff for a job well done on the 20th Annual American Gospel Quartet Convention held January 17-21, 2012 at the More Than Conquerors Faith Church in Birmingham, AL!! Theme: “Go Ye Therefore” Matthew 28:19

The Bell Singers had a chance to attend Wednesday thru Friday, January 18-20th and my oh my, words cannot describe the intensity in the building of how God poured His Spirit through that place!! The Bell Singers had the opportunity to perform on the Wednesday Night Service (Jan 18th) along with The Selvys and Mr. Derek Smith out of Tampa, Florida. This young man has a powerful ministry and left a lasting impression with everyone who had the pleasure of witnessing his performance. Usually, I just can’t get into the feel when someone is singing by track, but Mr. Smith is so unique and has such a passion in the deliverance of his praising God that you just can’t help but get with him. He would be a great addition to any program.

Thursday morning, January 19th, was Men’s Day and the attire was Red & Black, we started the morning off with Praise and Worship and then split up for the classes. Some of the classes we attended on this day were:

TRUE SOLDIERS: The Need For All Out Commitment
Presenter: Robert Thomas (Military and Security/Montgomery, AL)

PROMOTING & MARKETING: TRADITIONAL & NON-TRADITIONAL, & THE INTERNET (Part-1)
Presenter: Dr. Ella Mahmoud (Emma Da Artist Mgtm. Pious Ventures Gospel Promotion) of Minneapolis, MN

Presenter: Sharon Ross (Consulting By Design) of Minneapolis, MN

INNOVATIVE INTERNET USAGE AND WAYS TO GET YOUR MUSIC TO THE WORLD
Presenter: Jeff Melton (ACA Radio Net, Vertical Business Solutions) of Birmingham, AL

IMAGING FOR SUCCESS
Presenter: Bessie Bell (Just Be Real Marketing Agency) of Birmingham, AL

And I can’t forget the CHILDREN’S DIVISION – Training Them Up presented by Joy Selvy on this day. She did a wonderful job with the children as they recited the Books of the Bible (Yes Ma’am!!) Great Job Joy!!!

We left these Seminars with SO MUCH information to help further our ministry and if we don’t follow up with all this knowledge and take advantage of it, then it is our OWN FAULT! Because they laid it out there for us!

Other Seminars that took place Thursday that we did not get a chance to attend but was still able to receive information from them were:

RADIO ANNOUNCERS BUSINESS/PLENARY SESSIONS, ASSIGNMENTS & WORKSHOP: What does this decade Present for the Radio Announcer: Traditional and Internet Music
Moderator: R.J. Rivers (Seattle, WA)
Presenter: Jay Bryant (Radio Announcer, Cox Radio Network, 610 WAGG, Program Director of Birmingham, AL)

TAX OBLIGATIONS OF THE ARTIST WITH TRADITIONAL AND NON-TRADITIONAL SOURCES OF INCOME

Presenter: Roderick Mack, CPA of Birmingham, AL
Presenter: Ronald Kidd, Financial Planner, AXA of Birmingham, AL

After the seminars, we returned to the Sanctuary where all the Presenters were placed at a Round table to highlight what was presented in there classes. After that we were supposed to go into the Morning Worship where there was suppose to be a word by Apostle Jonathan Davis of Kingdom Seekers International Church of Arts of West Memphis, AR – I was so looking forward to hearing a word from him – BUT GOD, had other plans!! The spirit got SO HIGH up in that place until it REARRANGED the service! GLORY!

Later that evening there was a Preview of a Movie shown entitled “How We Got Over”, but I can’t tell you about that because The Bell Singers did not get a chance to witness that, but we heard it was very good. So if you saw it, may be you can tell us about it.

Then we came back for the Nightly Service and to be honest with you, I can’t remember who sung that night (I do believe a group called “JUDAH” was on the floor when we got there, but the highlight of the evening to me was the sermon by the Pastor of the More Than Conquerors Church, Apostle Steven Green. Oooooooooh Weeeeeee! That man is POWERFUL.!! He came from Romans 12:1-17; where it starts off by saying: “I BESEECH you therefore brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world; but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. And so forth~~~ my, my, my!! I know if I ever have to move to Birmingham, AL I know EXACTLY what church I would want to be a member of. Thanks Apostle Steve Green for BLESSING our SOULS!!! I believe the Selvys were suppose to sing after that but the Holy Ghost was in the building and a couple of them was slain in the spirit and Elder Stewart just began anoint those who came forth to the alter. I JUST LOVE IT!! JUST TO BE IN THE PRESCENCE OF GOD!! Oooooooh Weeeeee!!!

Then on Friday, January 20th, this was T-Shirt Day: Navy Blue. When we arrived Apostle Jonathan Davis was ushering in the spirit for the Praise and Worship Service. After that we split up for the classes again and on this day some of the classes we attended were:

MARKETING YOURSELF & YOUR MUSIC USING THE INTERNET: “I AM THE RECORD COMPANY”
Presenter: A.J. Darby, Producer – Greenville, SC

PROMOTING & MARKETING: TRADITIONAL & NON-TRADITIONAL, & THE INTERNET (Part-2)
Presenter: Dr. Ella Mahmoud (Emma Da Artist Mgtm. Pious Ventures Gospel Promotion) of Minneapolis, MN

Presenter: Sharon Ross (Consulting By Design) of Minneapolis, MN

HOW TO EFFECTIVELY MAXIMIZE 21ST CENTURY TECHNOLOGY: ONLINE MUSIC UTILIZATION

Presenter: George Stewart, Founder/Executive Director AGQC, Last Psalm Records of Birmingham, AL

INNOVATIVE USAGES OF THE INTERNET: HOW TO GET YOUR MESSAGE TO THE WORLD

Presenter: Russell McClinton of Birmingham, AL

Other Seminars that took place Thursday that we did not get a chance to attend but was still able to receive information from them were:

THE CHANGING MUSIC INDUSTRY:
Presenter: Larry Blackwell, Vice President & General Manager,Gospel Division
EMI Records of Brentwood, TN

After the seminars, we returned to the Sancuary where all the Presenters were placed at a Round table to highlight what was presented in there classes.

After that we all attended the Luncheon (THANKS ELDER STEWART!) where we feasted on GREAT food and the HOLY SPIRIT!! Music was rendered by Derek Smith, Evelyn Turrentine Agee, Three Bridges (Yall they are AWESOME!!) You have got to hear these men sing!!) And Bob Holloway and the Southern Sons turned it out!! Bob sung like he never sung before!!! The Spirit came rushing in like a mighty wind!! Hats off to Bob Holloway and the Southern Sons!! What a way to represent Memphis!! Ooooooooh Weeeeeeeee!!!!

After that we got a little rest and came back for the nightly service; some of the groups that I can remember who rendered music Friday night were: The Love Couple, One of the Temptations, The Southern Sons, Three Bridges (Again, they turned it out! Love these guys!! THREE BRIDGES ARE AWESOME!!!) And Lord knows the Victory Travelers just let the Lord use them in a mighty way!!

The sermon that night was by Pastor Gregory Clarke of the New Hope Baptist Church in Birmingham, AL – He had his wonderful choir with him. They can really sing!!
Pastor Clarke preached about “Did ya, Did ya, Get that Power” Ephesians 3:20
Also Lee Williams and Spiritual QC’s was inducted into the 2012 AGQC’s Hall of Fame! Mr. Huey Williams received the 2012 Dorothy Love Coates Living Legend Award
Evangelist Evelyn Turrentine Agee received the 2012 Joe Ligon Lifetime Achievement Award
Dr. Ella Mahmound and Ms. Pam Morris received the Frank Williams Humanitarian Award

Mr. Robert Thomas got the surprise of his life when Elder Stewart and Mr. Larry Blackwell of EMI Records presented him with the first Ken Cook Ethusiasm and Passion award. The look and the surprise on his face was PRICELESS!

And then Dr. Ella Mahmoud did the same thing to Elder Stewart and surprised him when she announced that she and Sharon Ross decided that they would commit to the AGQC the sum of $5,000 a year to help the AGQC ministry go forth. Rev. Stewart fell on his knees and the place went up!! This is why Dr. Ella Mahmoud received the Frank Williams Humanitarian Award. My God! What a Blessing!! She is such a giving person, which is why she will always be Blessed!

The 20th Annual American Gospel Quartet Convention – January 17-21, 2012 was a wonderful experience for The Bell Singers. We didn’t get to witness the activities for Tuesday or Saturday nights but what we SAW, HEARD AND LEARNED for the time we were present, we will NEVER forget!!

God Bless you Elder George and Dr. Jacqueline Stewart!! Love you much!!
"LOVE THAT QUARTET MUSIC!"
PatArtison

Re: Review of 2012 AGQC

Postby EmaaDa » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:30 am

Wonderful recap! There's nothing better than being in a place where not only lives are being transformed, but your own life is being renewed! I encourage folks to start now preparing for next year - your ministry; singing, managing, promoting, radio, etc, will receive an awakening you can't imagine. There is more to what you do than what you are doing!

Challenge yourself to begin saving right now....eleven months from now you will have invested in a new way of living your calling....GUARANTEED return on your investment!

Lord willing, next year I will be there, willing and able to do what so sayeth the Lord!
EmaaDa

Return to General discussion